Headlines News :

Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez Quit American Idol

Posted on July 14, 2012 | 10:15 AM

American Idol judges Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are not coming back on the Season 13 of the said Fox hit singing competition. Both Tyler and J-Lo had confirmed quitting American Idol to pursue their "first love."

Judges Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler Quit American Idol
Steven Tyler first confirmed that he will not return as an American Idol judge. In a statement released by Fox, Steven said:
“After some long…hard…thoughts…I’ve decided it’s time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit. I strayed from my first love, AEROSMITH, and I’m back — but instead of begging on my hands and knees, I’ve got two fists in the air and I’m kicking the door open with my band. The next few years are going to be dedicated to kicking some serious ass — the ultimate in auditory takeover…On Nov. 6, we are unleashing our new album, Music from Another Dimension on the Earth, Moon, Mars, and way beyond the stars…IDOL was over-the-top fun, and I loved every minute of it…Now it’s time to bring Rock Back. ERMAHGERD.”
Meanwhile, a day after Steven Tyler announced he was leaving Idol, Jennifer Lopez also said that she was exiting the show. In an emotional chat with American Idol host Ryan Seacrest on his On-Air radio show July 13, J-Lo said that she will quit Idol, too.
''Something had to give, something has to give. I was really dreading this phone call with you. I honestly feel the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that you do, and you have to pay attention to that, too. I could keep doing Idol for the rest of my life, but that would be giving up a bunch of other things. I feel like we had an amazing run.''
Although J-Lo may not return w a judge, she said she will always be around whenever the show needed her, probably as a mentor for the contestants.
''No matter what you guys need over there, I'm always going to be here. I feel there's that tie there. I just can't be there every day like I was for the last two years. It's just one of those special things in your life you don't want to walk away from.''
Both Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez had spent two years in the show and with the two quitting Idol, judge Randy Jackson's future on the show is also unsure. There are rumors that Randy is also not coming back for Season 13 in an attempt to freshen up the format.

If Randy will be gone too, then host Ryan Seacrest will be the only person left from the original run since it started.

Who will replace the judges, then? There were rumors that Adam Lambert, Charlie Sheen and Mariah Carey will be seating on the judges' table when American Idol returns this 2013 for Season 12.

For more Kapamilya updates follow/like BIDA KAPAMILYA on Twitter and Facebook.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. BIDA KAPAMILYA - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger