The X Factor Philippines Grand Finals will happen on October 6 and 7 and tonight, we will witness the performances of The X Factor PH Final 3—Gabriel Maturan, KZ Tandingan and Daddy's Home.
Gab, KZ and Daddy's Home will be performing two songs each, a solo song and a duet with a surprise singer. The winner will be announced on the results show Sunday night.
The big question now is who will win The X Factor Philippines, the one who will taking home the PhP 4 million worth of prizes, including a recording contract from Star Records and be lined with other X Factor winners around the globe?
Before we witnessed the grand showdown, we compile reasons why each of the contestants will be the very first The X Factor Philippines grand winner. Here they are:
by: Voltaire Muyong Valdez
1. He has the potential to be a modern day singing sensation. This boy without a doubt could set sales records overseas if given the right songs. Even if he has that awkwardly shyness, it was never a disability nor that can limit on his voice from pulling off songs effortlessly. True artists are so damn shy but rocks when performing. His timbre is hip, young and resembles the chart toppers: Jason Mraz, Justin Bieber, Justin Timberlake and Stephen Bishop. He’s captivating presence always undeniably radiates on screen.
2. He has a passionate fan base. He has never been in the bottom 2, consistently safe in the weekly call-outs, which clearly suggests that Gabnatics are not just blabbers but damn solid believers – extremely 'on and on' like their idol. He has never been boastful nor being rumoured as such because he is rediculously humble. Genuine humility, even he has the talent to show-off, clearly attracts the mass that can equate success and beyond – a proven asset made the 2003 most renowned singing champion still shine the brightest.
3. Juan dela Cruz could be experiencing Diva fatigue. Since singing contest came in the scene, belting out notes has been the standards of winning. However, as the time ticks out, the market's tastes switch out and already turned to something fresh and new. It is evident that right after the popstar princess' was hailed champion, no other female singing pros ever matched nor even surpassed her shine. This only proves that in this age, only one diva is allowed to survive - which pains female singing hopefuls. But searching for a true pop prince is no waste attempt because the industry hasn't had a young Jason Mraz or Justine Timberlake-like voice which clearly tops the chart for every released single. This is the right time for the dark horse of the competition, Gabriel Maturan, to advance and be hailed as the first X Factor Philippines Winner. He really has it all to last.
Why KZ Tandingan will win?
1. Besides possesing an “x-factor,” KZ’s got what it takes to be a star. She has excellent voice quality and diction, looks good in person and on cam, has on-stage showmanship and a ‘masa’ appeal. Not only that, KZ gives us goosebumps every time she sings, that same feeling we get when Jovit, Charice and American Idol’s Jessica Sanchez perform.
2. Being ‘marketable’ is something that makes KZ different from other contenders. We received info that she has a very interesting life story worthy to be featured on ABS-CBN’s longest-running drama anthology, “Maalaala Mo Kaya.”
3. One more thing before we wrap this up, KZ never landed in the Bottom 2 since the final phase of the competition started (except for last week), a clear proof that XFP viewers vote for her to ensure victory.
1. They blend perfectly while performing on stage. Though we all know that the four of them are professionals in their different careers in the real world, Daddy's Home still joined this competition to share their talents to everyone and showed us that Daddys don't stop just being a dad, they can also entertain everyone else by showing their God-given talents.
2. All four of them knows how to entertain their listeners with the way they sing songs of their own renditions. They all have good quality of voice and spill lyrics with a very good diction. Plus factor is that they are all good looking dads, so they all have a guts to be a star.
3. They always sing in their best, as if it was their last performance. Even though they went through the bottom two many times before, everyone knows (judges and even viewers) that they all deserve to be in the final three of this competition.
So there you are. From here, we think that the winner will be the one who's got the most number of fans who will spend money to vote their idols. Anybody can be a winner but the real test is longevity in the industry. That's the true winner.For more Kapamilya updates follow/like BIDA KAPAMILYA on Twitter and Facebook.