Headlines News :
Home » , , » Jessica Soho Accepts Vice Ganda's Apology

Jessica Soho Accepts Vice Ganda's Apology

Posted on May 29, 2013 | 8:04 PM

GMA-7 VP for News and Public Affairs Jessica Soho has accepted Vice Ganda's public apology (read full transcript here)  which was done by the latter on the noontime show It's Showtime on Wednesday.

Jessica Soho Accepts Vice Ganda's Apology

Jessica Soho was offended by the 'rape joke' made by Vice Ganda during his concert at the Araneta Coliseum recently. The issue became a trending topic on Tuesday and the host, admitting to his fault tried to reach out and say sorry to Jessica personally but when the news anchor declined to talk to him, Vice just opted to air his apology on public.

Jessica Soho acknowledged Vice Ganda's public apology in a statement released Wednesday afternoon which said:

"I acknowledge the public apology given by Vice Ganda, by way of his TV program. I sincerely hope and pray that this was done with the purest intentions and determination to put this issue behind us.

Just to clarify certain points about my phone conversation with him – his call came without warning as his number was not programmed in my phone directory. I told him I wasn't feeling well and I wasn't sure I was ready to talk to him. But I clearly remember thanking him for his call.

As I've said, this is not about me, but about the issue of rape not being an appropriate subject matter for comedy. Rape transcends age, economic class, gender -- and even one's weight.

Once again, I thank everyone who gave their support."

For more Kapamilya updates follow/like BIDA KAPAMILYA on Twitter and Facebook.
Share this article :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. BIDA KAPAMILYA - All Rights Reserved
Template Modify by Creating Website
Proudly powered by Blogger