It's Showtime and Gandang Gabi Vice host Vice Ganda leads this year’s list of top Twitter “influencers” in the Philippines according to the list released by the popular microblogging site.
Vice Ganda was named 2013 Twitter Influencer of the Year in the Philippines for garnering millions of "retweets," which "clearly showed his presence" on Twitter.
Actress Angel Locsin was named most tweeted celebrity, while It’s Showtime and Be Careful With My Heart were named hottest variety show and TV soap on Twitter, respectively.
The most tweeted movie of the year was Sisterakas which also stars Vice Ganda along with Kris Aquino and comedy queen Ai Ai Delas Alas. The said movie was also the highest-grossing film of all time in the Philippines.
Meanwhile ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya was the most talked about social responsibility campaign on Twitter. Other top local influencers in their respective categories include:
- Anne Curtis, actress (entertainment)
- Kim “Kuya Kim” Atienza, weatherman and TV host (science)
- Karen Davila, news anchor (media)
- President Benigno “Noynoy” Aquino III (politics/government)
- Aly Borromeo, football player (sports)
- Ogie Alcasid, singer (music)
- Rommel Feria, professor (tech)
- Jim Paredes, singer (advocate)
- Georgina Wilson, model (lifestyle)
- Rajo Laurel, designer (fashion)
- It’s a Teen Thing, journal (inspirational)